Call for Papers on Sustainability, Business Opportunity, and Social Responsibility: An Asian Perspective
Samut Prakan, Thailand | March 13-15, 2019
- Deadline to submit abstract: November 30, 2018 extended to December 15, 2018
- Paper selection committee’s decisions: December 31, 2018
- Deadline to submit full paper: February 22, 2019
Sustainability has been called a “mega trend” of the current time creating added emphasis on the joint responsibility of governments, businesses and individuals for reaching the UN sustainability goals, but also on new opportunities for business. Because of their high growth in both production and consumption, middle income or emerging economies are playing an increasing role globally, both in terms of business opportunities and in the quest for sustainable development. We also currently witness a lot of creativity among researchers in Asia and elsewhere in terms of creating a better understanding of and facilitating sustainable development and business opportunities in an emerging economy context.
In order to further facilitate this positive development, the AU International Conference in Business & Economics provides a platform for academics and business practitioners in various disciplines to share their ideas and expertise on “Sustainability, Business Opportunity, and Social Responsibility: An Asian Perspective,” particularly with regards to:
- Practices and Institutions. Contributions may focus on effective practices and institutions to advance sustainable and fruitful development in the business sector and society.
- Incentives and Promotion. Contributions may offer insights into promoting sustainable development in and by the business sector and evaluate progress in the short or long term.
- Indicators and Targets. Contributions may address challenges in assessing and reaching sustainable development goals and targets, and developing appropriate indicators. Submissions may consider, for example, frameworks and tools for and/or implementation of data collection and analysis.
- An Asian Perspective. Contributions may address the ways in which geography and culture influences sustainable development and responsible business opportunities, for example, discussing the difference in the development, challenges and opportunities facing Southeast Asian countries and western countries.
We encourage submission on any of the above themes in the following areas:
|• Accounting||• Business Law and Business Ethics|
|• Consumer Behavior||• Economics|
|• Entrepreneurship||• Finance|
|• Innovation||• International Business|
|• Logistics and Supply Chain||• Management|
|• Marketing||• Organizational Behavior|
|• Risk Management and Insurance||• Social Responsibility|
|• Social Enterprises||• Strategies|
Abstract submission deadline is December 15, 2018. The paper selection committee will make its decision by December 31, 2018. The deadline to submit the full paper is February 22, 2019.
Keynote speakers at the Conference are:
- Professor John Thøgersen, School of Business and Social Science Aarhus University, Denmark
- Professor Naomi R. Lamoreaux, Yale University, USA and Cambridge University, England
The early registration fee for paper presenters is 300 USD, if registration is received by February 12, 2019. The standard fee of 350 USD will apply after February 12, 2018. The registration fee for all other participants is 100 USD if registration is received by February 12, 2019. The standard fee of 150 USD non-presenters will apply after February 12, 2019.
Graduate students are also encouraged to submit work-in-progress of the thesis or dissertation to be presented in the conference poster session. Deadline for abstract submission is December 15, 2018 and the decision will be made by December 31, 2018. The registration fee for graduate students who do not present the paper is the same as other participants. The best graduate student work will receive the Conference Prize.