On June 29, 2017, MSME 0101
Date: Thursday, June 29, 2017
Time: 10:00 – 12:00
Speakers: Associate Professor Dr. Khuong Le-Nguyen
Associate Professor of Management, Department of Management & Information Systems, Kent State University, USA.
Khuong Le-Nguyen is an Associate Professor of Management at Kent State University. Khuong earned his Master degree and PhD degree in Management from the University of Warwick and the University of London (UK), respectively. Upon his PhD, Khuong spent a year at HEC Montreal (Canada) doing research about how SMEs providing cloud-based ERP systems made decisions to expand their businesses to the US market. Prior to joining Kent State, Khuong taught in Vietnam, Thailand, UK and CSU, Ohio. Khuong is also a visiting professor for Hohai University Business School summer courses in Nanjing, China. Beside academia, Khuong was a senior advisor for VCCI (VN Chamber of Commerce and Industry - a governmental agency) in 2011. Since 2015 to now, Khuong has been a senior business advisor for Res4venture, a value-add vetnure firm in the Silicon Valley, California. In his capacity, he has meet many startups in the US and a few others in Singapore.
|10:00 – 10:30 AM||Introduction to Customer Analytics Case Study conducted by Accenture in Europe for CANAL PLUS:
• How analytics could be applied to make better decisions in marketing and advertising;
|10:30 – 10:45 AM||Question and answer session|
|10:45 – 11:15 AM||IT startups, business venturing and entrepreneurship
• trends in IT startups now in the US: Talking about my role in assessing startups and giving advices for senior management to make final investment decision
• Insights into trends in doing startups in AI/ Machine learning/ big data/ digital healthcare, e-commerce/ robotics
• Tips and Tricks (know-what) to meet investors for funding
• Discussion new ideas for startups in Thailand
|11:15 – 11:45||Discussion|